Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
No.28 Fabrics and Interiors Ltd.
29 Church St
Information we collect and what we use it for
In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes:
- to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in • to enable us to administer any offers/promotions which you enter into
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes
- for record keeping purposes
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer
- to track your activity on our digital platforms
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms
- to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we may send you
- for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us
When we provide you with products or services we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, email address, telephone number and Company name.
When you register to receive marketing communications from us, fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and may use it to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling and market research.
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how our customers use our digital platforms to enable us create better content and more relevant communications:
- how you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
- your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
- what content you like or share
- which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- your subscription status
- information collected in any forms you complete
We may also infer your country of location from the IP address you have used to access our digital platforms and we may analyse which marketing activity led to your taking specific action on our digital platforms (e.g. downloading the catalogue).
News, offers and opportunities from us
We want you to be the first to know about new events and promotions but we need your consent to do so. You can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of the marketing communications or writing to us at the address above.
Please note, if you don’t choose to receive this information, we will be unable to keep you informed of new services, products, events or special offers that may interest you and our ability to inform you of other opportunities may be affected.
Disclosure of your information In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, payment processing organisations, delivery organisations, fraud prevention and screening and credit risk management companies, and mailing houses.
We may share your data with advertising networks and/or social media platforms for the purposes of selecting and serving relevant adverts to you via those networks/platforms, and to search engine and analytics providers.
We may share your data with third parties (a) if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so, (b) if it is necessary to do so to enforce our terms and conditions or other contractual rights, (c) to lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity, (d) where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons, and/or (e) otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called 'cookies' on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Security of information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
More about your information - your rights
You may correct or update your personal information at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, company name, address and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
We will securely retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary and in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to submit a request that your data be deleted, please write to us at the above address. You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please write to us at the address above if you wish to exercise this right. We may charge a small fee towards the cost of administering any request you make. The current fee is £10.00.
Where to make a complaint
Information Commissioner's Office
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/